Monday, March 02, 2009

Title for this post still under construction ;)

Sometimes in life, we all come across situations which would force us to think so much about the nominal incident also that our brain will be almost dead at the end of it!!

I am not able to figure out as to what to call it! Coincidence? Neh. Errrrrrrr ummmmmmmmmmmm, Illusion, well, nope. Then what else?? I will use that as the title for this post once I decide about it.

Well, coming to what led me to so much bewilderment today; here is a very small incident that happened to me lately.

Since my school days, I had a very good friend by name Suma. She had a sister by name Shubha, who also was my close friend. We three were thick close!! Soon after I got into Engineering, I lost contact with both of them. We never fought, we dint have any problems with each other either, yet, we stopped talking. We also dint exchange smiles if at all we crossed by. There was no hate-redness. Yet, there was a sort of uneasiness.

It was years, that I not even had thought of them. And these days, I am seeing Shubha very frequently!!

It started off from mid October. On a weekend after Diwali, I was walking down from Gandhi Bazaar along with Deepthi (one of my old friends) and I saw a lady in her yellow salwar sitting on a bike giving me an annoyed look (well, I am not sure whether it was anger, but, I felt so). It took me some time to recognize her. She was Shubha!!

Then, 2nd November, Sunday. I was again walking in front of UD, Gandhi Bazaar, this time with Deepak and I saw her along with Vinay (her then boy friend and present husband) and her kid. Vinay has changed a lot. He has a put on a lot of weight and looks like an uncle, I felt. He was carrying the baby. This time, although she looked at me, it was a relaxed look. It meant nothing (again I am not sure of this too, I just felt so). I wanted to have a look at the baby too, but, did not have so much time.

And yesterday, again, I was going with appa, near my atte's house in Thyagarajanagar and I saw her along with her mom. She was carrying her baby too. I saw her and I got stunned!! She looked at me as if she is looking at a stranger!!

All the above three incidents put together would have hardly lasted for 5 minutes!!

I started wondering why is it that I am seeing her so frequently now-a-days!!? I know this has no meaning. Yet, I don't know why, I started thinking so much regarding this. But, it was really shocking for me that unexpectedly she comes across and not just once!!! Although I dint want to convey anything out of it, my mind was all the time busy looking for an answer for 'why did she pop up all of a sudden and why does she cross me every time?’.

I had still not found the million dollar answer and today morning, as usual, while my appa was dropping me to office, I was sitting back and watching around. I saw a lady in her red salwar, holding a kid's hand. The kid was dressed up in a school uniform. The lady was holding a bag in her other hand. She had a blunt cut and wore a BIG stud in her nose. I dint know why my eyes stopped at her and she also looked at me constantly. I found her very familiar!!! And I had already crossed 2-3km from there when I realized that the lady was Divya, my school mate. A common friend of me and Deepthi (Deepthi also happen to be my school mate)!!!!!!!!!!!

Some sort of chemical reaction started in my brain now. I know things like this happen in everybody’s life. There will be millions of such incidents happening with many more millions of people in day to day life. In fact, things like this have happened to me also quite a few times in my past.

But, this time it’s different. It’s different because, it made me think about it seriously. It has put me to a state of numbness! It has become significant in spite of its insignificance!! Why?? Well, I have no answer for this.

Unknowingly, unwontedly, I am still thinking of these incidents and trying to make some sense out of it...

Deep inside my heart, I am feeling the incidents mean something. It is giving me a message.

My brain does not agree to it and yet strangely, it is still thinking of these incidents and trying to make some sense out of it...

No comments: