Friday, September 26, 2008

One of my recent pranks


I played a prank with Deepu (For all those who don’t know, Deepu alias Deepak is my fiancée) yesterday!! ;) The whole incident accidentally went on so very well that I got a topic to write a post for my blog ;)

Note: Some conversations are in Kannada. So, for all those who don’t follow Kannada, the English translation is given in brackets.

I admit I have always been a prankster in school, home, office and everywhere. My SIR could not escape from it too!! This is not one of my best pranks. But yes, this one is special, because, it’s my first prank with my husband-to-be and so the experience was different.

As usual, yesterday also we met in Jayanagar (I can’t express in words how much I hate this place and yet we end up meeting there almost everyday) in the evening. We parked our vehicles near La Casa and took a walk along the pavement. We also sat for some time and talked of his work, business etc. And soon we realized it was late and yet another day had come to an end (I was happy thinking we got one more day closer to our marriage :)).

We started from that place by around 9:00PM. Deepu also had come by two-wheeler. Both were going next to each other blocking the roads ;) It was damn good fun!!

Out of the blue, I began to act crazy. I behaved as if I have fallen in love with Deepu (Actually, yes I am in love with Deepu). As if I am following him, insisting him to accept my love... (Inspired by all those stupid movies that I watched of-late) I literally was trying to block his vehicle and kept on saying, ‘please opkolo (accept), I love you kano, please’ and what not. While I was acting kiddish, through out the way, Deepu was just smiling to glory...

Meanwhile, Deepu had to take a right near monotype to go to his house, and so, he said, he would turn his vehicle there (I had to go straight). I said, ‘no no no noooooooooooooo’, I started screaming. So, poor thing, he did not take a turn and came straight along with me. Again, I started off with my childish act (goes without saying that he miserably continued to tolerate my folly). ;)

Then came saarakki, from where again he had to take a deviation to go home. This time although I insisted, he did not listen to me and he just went off waving his hand to me. I just looked at him with my jaws down and went on my way...

I was almost nearing my house and I thought of something! Something creepy!!

I called Deepu and with a sobbing tone, I asked him, 'Yellidya??' (Where are you?)

He said, 'I am at home, yaake, yenaithu??' (I am at home, why, what happened)

I replied, 'I had an accident'

His shivering voice said he was shaken as he asked (almost immediately), 'Where? How? What happened????? Where are you now?'

I said, 'I am riding back home’

He followed, ‘So, nothing happened??’

I replied, ‘Nothing much happened. Just my lower lip got slit and I got hurt on my hand and knee'

‘Where??’ came the question.

I instantly said (or should it be lied), ‘Near metro’ (Such a big liar I am)

He was totally upset by this time and he said, ‘Barbeka?? (Should I come?) I am coming’ and he started to head towards my house to see me.

I sensed the heat now. I started laughing loud and said, 'GOTCHA!! Fool, fool, fool'. I then told him, I was just kidding. I reached home by then and parked my vehicle in garage.

He was damn tensed by now. I dint know he would take it so seriously. I spoke to him for some time and I thought I convinced him and cut the call. But I think he probably felt I was just trying to hide things from him because I dint want to trouble him. And so, he told the matter to his mom and a minute later, my phone rang. I picked up and this time, my mother-in-law was talking and she asked me, 'what happened?' I explained to her that I just played a prank.

My family was full of scolding for me for having done this blunder.

But, I enjoyed!! Had loads of fun...

Although, I apologized to Deepu (quite a lot of times), I say it again, I am sorry Deepu for playing so weird with you. I did that because I love you ;)

2 comments:

Naveen said...

hey it was really good prank... i like what ever u do.. but this one was S&*%@d move... n i dont want u to do this once again dear.... :)
cheers

Roopa Deepak said...

@Naveen
Hey brotha!!! Feels sooooooooo good to see your first comment on my blog :))) Taken your suggestion, will play a different prank next time ;)